Spanish Christmas in Spain and Mexico
Christmas and New Year's Eve celebrations in Spain or Mexico differ from our own culture, and here's your opportunity to find out how! Get into the festive cheer - while taking a Christmas course and learning Spanish!
With classmates from all over the globe, you'll study Spanish in Spain or Mexico and experience Christmas and New Year's Eve the way they do in a culture different from your own. From the Spanish version of April Fool's Day which is celebrated on December 28th, to the Las Posadas pilgrimage in Mexico, there are so many festive customs to enjoy while you improve your Spanish.
With the dQ Christmas course, you get to learn Spanish or expand upon your current knowledge of the language, while enjoying cultural activities every day. While optional, our guided excursions to places of interest nearby allow you to see more of the region you are studying in, and spread the festive cheer! Learn or improve your Spanish with the don Quijote Christmas Course, with a unique cultural insight into this happy time of year!
There are 7 destinations for you to choose from: in Spain you can go to Barcelona, Granada, Madrid, Salamanca, Tenerife or Valencia; and Guanajuato is our Mexican location. You can choose from a 1 or 2 week course, and enjoy a wonderful Christmas in Spain or Mexico!
Spanish Christmas Lessons
The Spanish Christmas course programme involves:
- A daily Spanish cultural activity for you to enjoy
- An excursion over the weekend, complete with a guide:
- For example:
- In Barcelona - We take you to the nearby mountain Montserrat, which is also home to a monastery
- In Granada - Visit the mountain villages of Las Alpujarras, a historic region which divides the Granada and Almeria provinces
- In Madrid - We take you to the remarkable city of Toledo, just 70km south of the capital, and steeped in history
- In Salamanca - Take a half-day trip to the city of Ciudad Rodrigo
- In Tenerife - Climb up the Teide volcano, the highest point in Spain and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- In Valencia - Enjoy the city's Nativity Scenes, known as the Museo de Belenes
- In Guanajuato, Mexico - Visit San Miguel de Allende, a picturesque city from colonial times
* All excursions are optional and are not included in the course price. A minimum number of participating students is required for the excursion to run.
** These excursions are subject to possible changes due to unforeseen circumstances