Learn Spanish » Kid and Teen Programs » Kid and Teen Programs » Salamanca
Salamanca Summer School
A protected UNESCO World Heritage site, the 2002 European Capital of Culture and home to the world's second oldest university, Salamanca is a great place to learn Spanish. Stuents from all over the world flock to this medieval city, which boasts two beautiful Cathedrals amongst plenty of stunning architecture. Small enough to walk everywhere, but vibrant enough to sustain its tourism, Salamanca was the location for our first don Quijote school, and it's easy to see why. Our Colegio Calasanz is located in the old part of the city, a lively area surrounded by other cultural sites of interest.
3 Summer Camp choices
There are 3 Summer Camp options, so you can pick the one that's best for your child:
- Summer Camp: An intensive Spanish language course and lodgings in a student residence hall. It is a truly unforgettable experience where students from all over the world interact 24-hours a day.
- Day Camp: Student participates in all camp activities, including the Spanish course. Accommodation is not included.
- Language Course Only: Student shares Spanish language lessons with the other campers. Neither the accommodation or camp activities are included.
Salamanca Summer Camp Facilities:
Our Colegio Calasanz is a 5 story building, surrounding a peaceful courtyard in a U shape. The school's classrooms, video room, computer room, dining hall, student residences and much more, are all found in this building. The courtyard is a classic cloister, and the school has large glass windows looking out onto it. The school also has extensive sports facilities outside of the main building, including a football pitch, a basketball court, a volleyball court, an in-line skating rink, a handball court, and a frontón (Basque handball court) amongst others. There is also a nearby swimming pool which students have access to.
- 250 residential students.
- Residential stay: The Colegio Calasanz has shared and triple bedrooms, all of which are fully-equipped with beds, desks, a wardrobe and shelves. Each room has a sink, and bathrooms/showers are dispersed along the two residential floors of the building.
- Home Stay: While staying with a host family, your child gets the opportunity to practice their Spanish, as well as integrate fully into the Spanish culture.
Permission needed: written permission is required from parents or legal guardians should campers wish to leave the camp unaccompanied.
The minimum duration of stay for this camp is one week. Students will receive 20 Spanish lessons per week, with a maximum of 14 students per class. The minimum age for this camp is 5 years old.