Learn Spanish » Kid and Teen Programs » Kid and Teen Programs » Seville
Seville Summer School
Seville, known to the Spaniards as Sevilla, is the capital city of the Andalusian region in southern Spain. With around 700,000 inhabitants, Sevilla is recognized all over the world for its Flamenco, Feria de Abril and Semana Santa Easter celebrations. Managing to combine vibrant modernity with rich cultural heritage, Seville is a great mix of beautiful architecture, a lively atmosphere, and plenty to see and do. The old Cathedral and famous Barrio Santa Cruz are some of the sight-seeing highlights of Seville, and there is much more to see. With its international airport providing easy travel links to other Spanish cities as well as many international destinations, Seville is easy to get to, and easy to enjoy! Seville enjoys typical Mediterranean climate, making it a great place for your teenagers to come and learn Spanish!
3 Summer Camp choices
There are three Summer Camp options, so you can pick the one that best suits your teenager:
- Summer Camp: An intensive Spanish language course and accomodation in a student residence hall; students get the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, 24 hours a day.
- Day Camp: Student participates in all camp activities, including the Spanish course. No accommodation is included with this option.
- Language Course Only: Student shares Spanish language classes with other teens in the camp. Neither the accommodation or camp activities are included.
Seville Summer Camp Facilities
Located in Seville's Santa Cruz neighbourhood, the school is in the very centre of the city's historical area. Students will be living close to the beautiful Cathedral, the Alcazar, and near the other attractions Seville has to offer. Our 12 air-conditioned classrooms are accompanied by a multimedia classroom and a roof deck in the typical Andalusian building where the school is housed.
- 80 students.
- Residential stay: Just a short walk away from the beautiful María Luisa Park, the residence is located in the historic centre of Seville. The students' rooms have exterior balconies. Within the residence we have the following facilities; a TV room, internet access, air-conditioning and central heating, towel rental, public telephones, 24-hour reception area. While there is a laundry service every 2 weeks, we have also provided coin-operated washing/drying machines for students use.
- Homestay: With the homestay option, students enjoy full board accommodation in a shared room. Homestays will be within walking distance of the school, and rooms are shared with another camper with the Spanish host family. Staying with a Sevillan family means the students get maximum opportunity to practice their Spanish.
Camp Programme: Students attendance to the lessons and activities is closely supervised by the teachers. Students go back to their residence or their family homestay for lunch. We have supervised activities organised in the afternoons from Monday to Friday. Adherence to curfew at night (which is from 11:30pm from Sunday to Thursday and from 12:30am on Fridays and Saturdays) is controlled by a group counselor. If students in a homestay miss curfew, the school director is contacted by their host family. We recommend this programme to independent teenagers capable of responsible, mature behavior.
Permission is needed, by written request from parents or legal guardians.
Minimum duration of stay for this camp is 2 weeks. Students will receive 20 lessons per week, with a maximum of 14 students per class. The minimum age requirement for this camp is 14.