Learn Spanish » Spanish Schools » Spanish Schools in Latin America » Costa Rica » Coronado
Learn Spanish in Coronado, Costa Rica
The Coronado Spanish school, situated on the site of what was once a farm, sits surrounded by a tropical garden that measures over 5,000 m2 and contains over one hundred different kinds of trees, plants, butterflies and birds.
Class takes place Monday through Friday, in the morning from 8:00 to 11:30. Students get a thirty minute break at 9:30.
Our Spanish Teachers
don Quijote's Coronado partner school is an associated centre of the Spanish Instituto Cervantes. Teachers here are highly qualified, and have received special training in teaching Spanish as a foreign language and in education based technology. Courses adhere to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, as do programmes at don Quijote's own schools.
Accommodation Options in Coronado
- Home stay: live in the home of a carefully selected local family and choose between a single or shared room with half board.
- You may upgrade your homestay option and enjoy a private bathroom. Meals are not provided.
- Private apartment: Meal are not provided.
The school organises after-school activities throughout the week:
- Latin Dance lessons (two hours), every other Tuesday
- Costa Rica's Fruits, Costa Rican Cooking lessons and Tropical Cocktail Mixing lessons every other Tuesday
- The Literature of Latin American, class held each Wednesday
- Outings to nearby sport clubs, each Wednesday
- Mountain hiking every other Thursday
- On the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, special trips are organised to places of interest such as: the rain forest, Volcano National Park, a coffee plantation
- On Mondays, guided tours of the city are arranged for new students
- Movie viewing each Monday
Coronado's incredible variety of attractions, its rich culture, lively energy, markets, restaurants and cafes, all help make this an ideal destination for learning Spanish and discovering the beauty of Costa Rica. This is a safe, clean, green city, and a comfortable place for anybody to explore alone. The city is also conveniently located near the country's capital San Jose, and buses run there every twenty to thirty minutes.