Learn Spanish » Spanish Schools » Spanish Schools in Latin America » Costa Rica » Heredia
Learn Spanish in Heredia, Costa Rica
Our Spanish school in Heredia is located in an impressive building in San Joaquin de Flores, a town with 10.000 inhabitants, a 15-minute bus ride away from the city centre and the airport.
Heredia School Facilities
- 21 fully equipped classrooms
- Meeting rooms
- Admin offices
- Lounge areas for relaxing and meeting friends
- Tropical gardens
Lessons take place on weekdays between the hours of 8am and 12pm with a short comfort break half way through the morning. Students taking part in the super-intensive course finish a little later (2:30pm). As well as a mid-morning comfort break, super-intensive learners also have a lunch hour at midday.
Our Spanish Teachers
Only university graduates qualified to teach Spanish as a foreign language are employed by the school. Most teachers have a second or third European language too. As well as imparting knowledge about the language itself, teachers are dedicated to educating their students about Heredian customs and culture too.
Accommodation Options in Heredia
There are two types of accommodation in Heredia to choose from:
- Host Family – if you choose this option then you will be living with a local family who will cook you breakfast and dinner, allowing you to grab lunch with friends between classes. This is a good option for those moving away from home for the first time, or those that like their own space. All host families have a large guest bedroom and a garden.
- Private apartment – if you prefer to be self-contained then this is the option for you. Renting your own private apartment allows you to keep your own personal space as tidy or as messy as you like!
Every weekend and on selected weekdays (Tues, Weds + Thurs) the school organises trips for students to a variety of places of interest some of which are listed below:
- Arenal Volcano
- Poás Volcano
- Irazu Volcano
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Sarapiquí River (boat trip)
- Tortuguero National Park
- Café Britt
- Dancing (styles include: cumbia, meringue and salsa
- Cookery lessons
- Arts & Crafts
- Waterfall rappelling
- White water rafting
Additionally, the school organises indoor activities at least twice a week in the library. “Cultural week” takes place once a month with a variety of special events.
Heredia is an idyllic setting; somewhere you can learn Spanish at your own pace. Whether you are fanatic about big cities or you are a lover of the ocean, Heredia has a little bit of everything!