Learn Spanish » Spanish Schools » Spanish Schools in Latin America » Costa Rica » Playa Jaco
Learn Spanish in Playa Jaco, Costa Rica
Located in a residential area, the Playa Jaco Spanish School offers a calm and quiet environment to study and learn. With only 4 classrooms, the school is small enough that it doesn´t take long to become acquainted with everybody. Amenities include 3 bathrooms, a shared kitchen area for the use of staff and students alike and free internet access throughout the building. Little luxuries such as the outdoor pool and the sun terrace may make you forget you are even at school! Everything you possibly need is in easy walking distance of the school. For example, supermarkets, banks, internet cafés etc… are all a stones throw away… in any case dQ’s friendly staff are always more than happy to help if there’s anything that you need.
Lessons take place on weekdays between the hours of 8am and 12pm with a short comfort break half way through the morning. Students taking part in the super-intensive course finish a little later – at 2:30pm. As well as a mid-morning comfort break, super-intensive learners also have a lunch hour at midday.
Our Spanish Teachers
Only university graduates qualified to teach Spanish as a foreign language are employed by the school. Most teachers have a second or third European language too. As well as imparting knowledge about the language itself, teachers are dedicated to educating their students about Costa-Rican customs and culture too.
Accommodation Options in Playa Jaco
- Home Stay – if you choose this option then you will be living with a local family who will provide you either bed and breakfast, breakfast plus one main meal or all meals – as you like it.
- Upgraded Home Stay – as above but with an en-suite bathroom and no meals included.
- Private Apartments – if you prefer to be self-contained then this is the option for you. Luxury private apartments are ideal for those students who don’t like to live like students!
Indoor & Outdoor Activities
In the afternoons, evenings and weekends, don Quijote offers a variety of fun activities for the enjoyment of all students. Participation in such activities is a great way to get to know people and make friends very quickly.
- Cookery on a Wednesday using locally grown fruit and veg
- Latin Dance Club on a Tuesday
- Movie night
- Guided tour of Playa Jaco on arrival
- Fortnightly hike in Jaco Mountains
- School trips arranged once per month
If you dream of being able to speak Spanish one day, then surely it doesn´t get better than an intensive Spanish program with proven results combined with fabulous opportunities such as surfing, kayaking and horseback riding… Just a short bus-ride away from the airport, Playa Jaco is well within your reach.