Learn Spanish in Salamanca
20 years ago, the first don Quijote School was established in Salamanca. The school building itself is dazzling – a fully restored 16th Century monastery. The school itself is conveniently located in the city centre, just a stone’s throw from the University of Salamanca built in 1218. Other well-known buildings including the cathedral and the Casa de las Conchas (shell house) are in easy walking distance of dQ School. All the buildings in Salamanca are made of golden stones and concealed lighting causes these buildings to appear as if they are glowing at night. It is truly a spectacular sight that you must see to believe.
In spite of the beautiful façade of the school and the excellent location, you do not have to compromise on the interior: 17 fully-equipped classrooms spread over 3 stories. Free internet access throughout enables students to bring there own laptops to school if they so wish. Alternatively, there is an IT suite for the use of students as well as peaceful library if you prefer to study the old-fashioned way! There is a cozy lounge area where students like to relax between classes. During the summer months, people tend to adjourn to the garden to soak up a few rays of the Spanish sunshine.
A popular thing to do among students is to rent a car and make a road trip! Salamanca is close to the border with Portugal and a couple of hours from Madrid so these are both popular student destinations, especially when there a local or national holiday. Students make up a staggering 20% of the population in Salamanca so be in no doubt that you will make lots of friends very quickly! There are a handful of arranged events each week specially designed to help students to get to know each other and Salamanca and the surrounding areas. When you are not in school, you will never be bored or stuck for something to do. If anything, you will have so many invitations that you will have a choice of where to go!
Salamanca School Facilities
- 17 classrooms
- IT Suite
- Lounge complete with LCD TV and DVD Player
- Central heating and air conditioning for your comfort throughout the seasons.
don Quijote Salamanca Accommodation Options
- Home Stay: if you choose this option then you will be living with a local family who will provide you either bed and breakfast, breakfast plus one main meal or all meals – as you like it.
- Shared apartment: if you like to be around people, then you would probably enjoy living in a shared apartment. With a private bedroom and shared kitchen and living areas, you will always have someone to talk to!
- Premium Accommodation: if you prefer to be self-contained then this is the option for you. Luxury private apartments are ideal for those students who don’t like to live like students!