Learn Spanish » Spanish Schools » Spanish Schools in Latin America » Costa Rica
Spanish Schools in Costa Rica
As well as being full of beautiful natural landscapes, Costa Rica also features a rich diversity of cultures. There is no end of fun to be had in Costa Rica. don Quijote Spanish immersion programmes are the perfect way to discover this beautiful country as you learn about the Spanish language and culture.
- Santo Domingo de Heredia - Renowned for its rolling hills, its natural parks and its impressive biodiversity, Heredia is the perfect destination for Spanish learners who also want to discover a natural paradise.
- Playa Jacó - Well-known for its welcoming locals and relaxed nightlife, Playa Jacó is surrounded by beautiful beaches popular with the local surfers.
Spanish Courses in Costa Rica
- Intensive Spanish 20: 20 hours of intense language lessons per week. This is the fast track route to learning Spanish. In small groups, you will discuss interesting and relevant subjects to improve fluency and gain confidence. Bonus: included in this course, take 5 specialized classes of your choice!* Complete your Intensive Spanish Programme by adding any combination of private classes and specialized programmes.
- Intensive Spanish 25: If the Intensive 20 isn't enough for you, you can opt for our Intensive Spanish 25 Course, which includes an extra 5 hours of lessons a week. Bonus: included in this course, take 5 specialized classes of your choice!* Complete your Intensive Spanish Programme by adding any combination of private classes and specialized programmes.
- Private Classes: If intensive learning isn't for you and you'd rather go at your own pace, then you should opt for one of our Private Classes. Individual attention means that classes will be tailored to your specific needs! Choose from One to One Classes, Semi-Private Classes (2-3 students per group), or One to One Online Classes.
- DELE Exam Preparation: If you’re looking to take the DELE exam, come prepare with us with our prep course! Choose between 4 weeks of group or private classes.
- Specialized Programmes: Choose between a huge variety of courses, depending on your personal or professional needs and interests. Some examples include: Medical Spanish, Teacher's Programme, Volunteer Programme, or Leisure Programme. Our Leisure Programme makes learning Spanish fun with exciting activities such as surfing, nature and rainforest reserve, cooking local dishes, dancing and traditional culture and more.*
*Choose between the following specialized classes: Business Spanish; General Costa Rican Culture, History & Art; Oral Expression and Communication
**Availability of specific Specialized Programmes subject to variation depending on destination. Please consult our don Quijote Price List for more details.
***These courses are available in Santo Domingo de Heredia only. For Playa Jacó Spanish programmes please visit our Playa Jacó page.
More Information about Costa Rica
Choose between the following accommodation options in Costa Rica:
Homestay: You will have an authentic experience in Costa Rica while living with a carefully selected Costa Rican family committed to helping you have an incredible stay. Choose between a single room or double room with half board.
Shared Apartment: Share an apartment with other international students and live like a local in Costa Rica. Choose between a single room or double room; no meals are included with this accommodation option.
Currency: Costa Rican colón
Top-end: US$25 and upwards
Top-end: US$50 and upwards
Costa Rica certainly lives up to the literal translation of its name, ‘Rich Coast', with almost 300 beaches and warm waters all year long Costa Rica is an idyllic destination with some of the best beaches in the world, from calm shores with pristine turquoise water to crashing waves and coarse black sand. It is home to some of the region's best surfing and the yearlong warm climate is perfect for those seeking some sun.
Costa Rica is also renowned for its rich variety of plants and animals, and large network of national parks. In fact, over 25% of its land mass is under the protection of a system of national parks and reserves. They are the ideal places for those interested in nature-oriented activities, from watching nesting turtles on the beaches to stunning jungle canopy tours. Some of the most popular national parks ‘Las Baulas' ‘Arenal Volcano', ‘Santa Rosa' ‘Tortuguero' and ‘Monteverde Reserve' are all home to a diverse array of natural habitats.
Even with the beaches and parks, it has been said the ‘Ticos' are their nation's greatest asset, and once you've experienced their friendliness and spontaneity, you'll no doubt agree. The bustling towns and cities in Costa Rica are brimming with the Ticos' vibrant and friendly energy from San José, the buzzing cultural centre, with its abundance of museums and great nightlife to the city of Limón a colourful place, bursting with Caribbean flavour.