Spanish Schools in Cuba
don Quijote is offering you the opportunity to study Spanish on the exotic and vibrant island of Cuba. While you polish up your Spanish skills, you will be having unforgettable experiences in this fascinating and unique Caribbean paradise.
- Havana - the capital city, a melting pot of different cultures, is renowned for its enchanting atmosphere created by its vivacious energy.
- Santiago de Cuba - the second largest city in Cuba, like Havana, is a welcoming place to be. The stunning beaches and laid back atmosphere will help you pick up Spanish effortlessly and at your own pace.
- Trinidad - declared a world heritage site by UNESCO due to its untouched colonial buildings, Trinidad is notable to many for its nightlife, especially its Salsa bars.
Spanish Courses in Cuba
- Intensive Course: 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week. This is the fast track route to learning Spanish. In small groups, you will discuss interesting subject matter to improve fluency and gain confidence.
- Super Intensive Course: If the intensive course isn't enough for you, you can enroll in the super intensive course which includes an extra 2 hours worth of tuition on top of the original 20 hours per week.
- One to One: If intensive learning isn't for you and you'd rather go at your own pace, then you should opt for One-to-One. Individual tuition means that classes will be tailored to your specific needs.
- Immersion Course: A combination of the Intensive course and the One To One course. The immersion course contains 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week plus 5 hours worth of individual classes tailored to your specific needs. This course combination allows the student to ask any questions they might have from the group session in private.
- Intensive Spanish and Dance classes: this course combines language learning with cultural integration. The Spanish & Dance course contains 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week plus 5 hours worth of Salsa classes taught in Spanish. Dance is a great way to relax after working hard.
- Intensive Spanish and Music classes: The Spanish & Music course contains 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week plus 5 hours worth of music lessons taught in Spanish. You will learn all about traditional Cuban music and even learn to play some yourself!
More Information about Cuba
Students have the option of living in the home's of carefully selected host families in single rooms with half board meals provided.
Currency: Cuban peso (Cu$)
Top-end: US$20 and upwards
Top-end: US$100 and upwards
Cuba may be the largest Caribbean island, but it is without doubt the least commercialized. The allure of this tropical paradise is just that. It is not overrun by tourists, the beaches are pristine and tranquil and the towns are unspoilt.
Havana, the capital, is the center of Cuban life, an air of faded glory and nostalgia is mixed with the modern vibrant energy. The city is home to historic theatres and all the colonial architecture is remarkably well preserved. The nightlife is excellent. There is a bustling and exciting atmosphere in the music venues and clubs, filled with jazz, salsa, mamba and rumba.
Santiago de Cubais another great place to visit and is famous for it's Caribbean flavor. In has some of Cuba's oldest palaces and museums, but is developing a truly unique character with a growing music and literary scene. The picturesque and untouched colonial town of Trinidad is perfect for those wanting to lose themselves wandering around the cobbled streets, exploring the sugar mills and the baroque church towers.
For those interested in Cuba's recent history, the Cementerio Santa Ifigenia, the resting place of many famous revolutionaries, is a definite point of interest.
Whilst it is brimming with cultural sites, Cuba is also famous for its gorgeous beaches. Varadero, Cayo Largo and Coco, are perhaps the most popular. But if you want a beach with a true Cuban feel then try some of the non-tourist places such as Guanabo, or the beaches near Santiago de Cuba. Wherever you choose, there is fun to be had!