Learn Spanish » Spanish Schools » Spanish Schools in Latin America » Ecuador
Spanish Schools in Ecuador
Come and learn all about the Spanish language and culture in Ecuador. So called for its location on the equator, Ecuador is a fascinating country where you will learn Spanish while surrounded by rich and interesting history and culture. With a don Quijote immersion programme you will discover Spanish in the most interesting way.
- Quito - Its mountainous location ranks Ecuador among some of the highest capital cities on earth. Quito can be described as a busy city, overflowing with culture.
Spanish Courses in Ecuador
- Intensive Spanish 20: 20 hours of intense language lessons per week. This is the fast track route to learning Spanish. In small groups, you will discuss interesting and relevant subjects to improve fluency and gain confidence. Bonus: included in this course, take 5 specialized classes of your choice!* Complete your Intensive Spanish Programme by adding any combination of private classes and specialized programmes.
- Intensive Spanish 25: If the Intensive 20 isn't enough for you, you can opt for our Intensive Spanish 25 Course, which includes an extra 5 hours of lessons a week. Bonus: included in this course, take 5 specialized classes of your choice!* Complete your Intensive Spanish Programme by adding any combination of private classes and specialized programmes.
- Private Classes: If intensive learning isn't for you and you'd rather go at your own pace, then you should opt for one of our Private Classes. Individual attention means that classes will be tailored to your specific needs! Choose from One to One Classes, Semi-Private Classes (2-3 students per group), or One to One Online Classes.
- DELE Exam Preparation: If you’re looking to take the DELE exam, come prepare with us with our prep course! Choose between 4 weeks of group or private classes.
- Specialized Programmes: Choose between a huge variety of courses, depending on your personal or professional needs and interests. Some examples include: Medical Spanish, Teacher's Programme, Volunteer Programme, or Leisure Programme. Our Leisure Programme makes learning Spanish fun with inspiring activities such as local art (painting, pottery, weaving), history and architecture, cooking local dishes and dancing and traditional culture.
*Choose between the following specialized classes: Business Spanish; General Ecuadorian Culture, History, Art; Oral Expression and Communication Classes
More Information about Ecuador
There are two types of accommodation available in Quito. With both options, you will live an authentic experience in Quito and practice your Spanish with native speakers or other international students:
Homestay: Stay with one of our carefully selected host families in Quito. All of our host families will help you have the best Spanish immersion experience possible. You can choose between a single or double room and include either breakfast, half board or full board with your stay.
Student Apartment: Live like a local in a shared apartment with other international students. You can choose between a single or double room. Meals are not included in this accommodation option.
Currency: U.S Dollar($)
Top-end: US$30 and upwards
Top-end: US$70 and upwards
What Ecuador may lack in size compared to its larger South American neighbours it more than makes up for in its rich culture, eventful past and fascinatingly varied landscapes. Its compact size makes it ideal for travellers and as a result, it is one of South America's most popular destinations. Here you can view some of the continent's finest colonial architecture alongside thriving indigenous cultures, as well as alien-like volcanic landscapes next to dense tropical rainforests. Ecuador is one of the most bio-diverse countries in the world so you are guaranteed fantastic wildlife watching opportunities whether in its jungles or on its mountains and beaches.
For those with a passion for the outdoors, Ecuador is ideal. Its vast jungles and mountainous landscape make it excellent for trekking. Those who are fit enough and have a head for heights can climb Chimborazo in the Cotopaxi National Park, the country's tallest volcano at 6310 meters. At Mitad del Mundo, a monument to the equator, you can place one foot in either hemisphere. Cuenca is Ecuador's third largest city and is a great place to witness the grand constructions of the colonial era alongside leftover Incan ruins.
Having experienced Ecuador's cities and magnificent mountainous landscape, you can while away the days on one of its pristine beaches. The country's position on the equator makes the Pacific Ocean warm and welcoming year round and ideal for scuba diving and snorkelling. Alternatively, simply relax on the beach and soak up the sun in this tropical paradise.