Spanish Schools in Guatemala
Come to Guatemala to learn Spanish and experience a country that is fascinating in every way: even its name is a translation of a K'iche phrase meaning "place of many trees". don Quijote has made sure that everyone's personal tastes are accommodated for with its wide range of unique courses. All that's left for you to do is come and enjoy all this fabulous country has to offer!
- Antigua - with a different beach for each day of the year, Antigua, one of the oldest cities in the American continents, can be described as a paradise on earth.
Spanish Courses in Guatemala
- Intensive Course – 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week. This is the fast track route to learning Spanish. In small groups, you will discuss interesting subject matter to improve fluency and gain confidence.
- Super Intensive Course – If the intensive course isn’t enough for you, you can enroll in the super intensive course which includes an extra 2 hours worth of tuition on top of the original 20 hours per week.
- One to One – If intensive learning isn’t for you and you’d rather go at your own pace, then you should opt for One-to-One. Individual tuition means that classes will be tailored to your specific needs.
- Immersion Course – A combination of the Intensive course and the One To One course. The immersion course contains 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week plus 5 hours worth of individual classes tailored to your specific needs. This course combination allows the student to ask any questions they might have from the group session in private.
- Spanish & Dance – this course combines language learning with cultural integration. The Spanish & Dance course contains 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week plus 5 hours worth of Salsa classes taught in Spanish. Dance is a great way to relax after working hard.
- Volunteer Programs – This is the option for language students who already speak some Spanish and are looking to widen their vocabularies and improve fluency. Therefore, to take part in a volunteer programme, you must have already completed at least 4 weeks of the Intensive Course. This is so that all participants have a certain level of Spanish. Volunteer program simply means working in the community. You will have the choice of various social institutions that don Quijote are affiliated with.
More Information about Guatemala
- Money & Costs
- Guatemala's Map
- Travel Guide
You will have the option of choosing the following type of accommodation:
- Host families have been carefully chosen in order to ensure that your stay will be as pleasant as possible. You will get a single room with full board (breakfast and two meals) from Monday to Saturday.
- Student residence with or without meals.
Currency: Quetzal - US Dollar ($)Meals
- Budget: US$2-5
- Mid-range: US$5-15
- Top-end: US$15 and upwards
- Budget: US$5-30
- Mid-range: US$30-60
- Top-end: US$60 and upwards
Guatemala offers the very best of Central America in condensed form. In Guatemala you will find the finest artifacts from the Mayan civilization with an abundance of impressively preserved ruins and archaeological sites, such as the town of Chichicastenango. Geologically, the country is one of the most active in the Central American region with some of its highest and most energetic volcanoes. These smoking peaks contribute to the breathtaking natural beauty on display, with dense tropical jungles giving way to irresistible highland lakes.
Mayan cultural heritage is clearly evident throughout Guatemala and locals are proud to wear the traditional dress complete with an array of bright colors. Guatemala has had an eventful past to say the least, with a brutal civil war raging between 1960 and 1996. However, peace has since been negotiated and the country has quickly transformed into a friendly, welcoming destination that is constantly opening up. There has never been a better time for you to go and discover Guatemala.