Spanish Schools in Peru
Peru is renowned for being the former home to the Inca Empire, the largest state in Pre-Columbian America. The main language spoken in Peru is Spanish, however many Peruvians still speak the old Inca language of Quechua. Peru encompasses a wide variety of cultures, such as arts and crafts, and traditions, such as the Peruvian poncho, making it a fascinating place to visit.
don Quijote offers a variety of Spanish courses in Cusco. It is a major tourist destination and receives almost 2 million visitors a year. The course details along with a brief description of each are listed below…
- Cusco - The site of the historic capital of the Inca Empire as well as a World Heritage Site.
Spanish Courses in Peru
- Intensive Spanish Course, 20 classes: 20 hours worth of intense language lessons per week. This is the fast track route to learning Spanish. In small groups, you will discuss interesting subject matter to improve fluency and gain confidence.
- Super Intensive, 20 group classes + 10 private classes: This intensive Spanish course includes 20 group lessons plus 10 private classes, giving you the extra advantage of a personal teacher who is 100% dedicated to helping you reach your personal language goals.
- Private Classes, 20 classes: If you would like to go at your own pace while learning Spanish in the way that is the most interesting to you, then you should opt for our private classes. All of your classes will be completely tailored to your specific needs.
- Volunteer Program: Learn Spanish and get involved in the community. With our volunteer programmes, you will combine a Spanish course with a volunteer programme allowing you to learn, immerse yourself in the culture and help the community.
More Information about Peru
Students can choose between staying with a host family or at a student residence in Cusco.
Homestay: Students will live with a Peruvian family interested in helping them reach their language goals and have the best Spanish immersion experience possible. You will stay in a single room, and breakfast will be included.
Student Residence: You will have the choice between a double room or a single room with half board at our student residences in Peru. This is a great option for students who want to have a lot of independence, meet other Spanish language students from around the world, but also have many of the comforts of a hotel included in their stay.
Currency: Nuevo (New) Sol
Top-end: US$10 and upwards
Top-end: US$15 and upwards
Filled with parched deserts, lush rainforests and the soaring peaks of the Andes, it cannot be denied that Peru is visually stunning. However, its beauty extends much further than the scenery as Peru hosts beautiful colonial architecture and, perhaps more importantly, the fascinating ruins of the Incan Empire that once ruled over this land. Peru is home to one of the most famous sites in the whole of Latin America: Machu Picchu, rightly considered one of the wonders of the world. Sitting on a high ridge in the Andean cloud forests this ancient, lost city is one of the most atmospheric and evocative places on earth. To visit it is both an essential and truly unforgettable experience. From Machu Picchu you can walk the Inca Trail, ideal for anyone who enjoys the outdoors providing the perfect way to experience the beauty of the Andes. Along its path you will pass through the homes of highland Indians who still speak the ancient tongue of Quechua and maintain a traditional way of life.
Despite the fact that people have lived here for over 5000 years, Peru is constantly being invigorated. The bustling cites of Cusco and Lima are vibrant cultural centres where you can visit ornate catholic churches, museums packed with past relics, and then stay out until the small hours partying with the friendly locals in cutting edge clubs. For the quintessential experience of what Latin America is all about, Peru is the destination of choice.